Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ice Scoopz: Thursday Afternoon

*-> The Montreal Canadians have ended their goaltender controversy by trading Jaroslav Halak to the St. Louis Blues for prospects Lars Eller and Ian Schultz. Several sites earlier this morning reported this deal but now it appears to be a done deal. Awful deal in my opinion for the Habs and now the Blue have that piece of the puzzle they were missing. Pierre Gauthier better hope that Carey Price can indeed be the man instead of Halak who carried the Canadians into the post season.

3 comments:

Tom said...

What the hell is going on here Scoopz. Did Gauthier have a tip that an offer sheet was coming?

Anonymous said...

not sure anyone saw this one coming!


DWYZ

Jalen said...

Scoopz,

I didn't see this trade coming. I'm really not at all surprised the 'Habs moved Halak, I think a lot of guys there still believe Price will be the better long term netminder.

What does surprise me is the paltry return. Unless the 'Habs scouts know something I don't (quite possible I suppose), I'm very doubtful either of these players make much of an impact on the roster any time soon.

I thought Eller was lousy pick at 13 and so far, I believe he's been lousier than I expected.

- Jalen