Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ice Scoopz: Wednesday Morning

*-> So it looks like the Dallas Stars are in talks with several teams about Marty Turco this morning. I'm hearing he could be gone as soon as noon today. The leading candidates are the Flyers and the Blackhawks. The Flyers are willing to give up their 1st and a prospect I'm told for Turco as a sense of panic has hit the Bullies ever since Emery went down yet again. The Hawks deal would include Barker most likely and Huet in return to trade cap. How true is ether I'm not sure but I'd say Philly would be the best destination so far. I'm still also hearing LA involved as well.

*-> Ray Whitney speaking of LA bound, could be a King shortly. Apparently according to reports is speaking again with the Kings about a possible trade. Remember Whitney just about ended up in LA 2 weeks ago but the deal fell through because he was asking for a 3 year deal while they only wanted 2. I expect Rutherford is also starting a bid of a bidding war over Whitney since he may be the next best thing to Kovalchuk. Sources say Ottawa and Buffalo both have dropped out and now its between LA, Vancouver, Nashville and 2 other teams. The mystery teams are rumored to be Montreal and San Jose although I doubt ether would be able to unless they both drop cap.

No comments: