Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ice Scoopz: Thursday Afternoon

Back after a short rest on the rumors as the Olympic break has commenced. A few quick rumors for the day. Ill have some Olympic results from the days past plus Ill continue on with the regular programming. Give Me some suggestions on what you want to see. I,ve been doing scouting reports as mentioned before so those will start coming up as well.

*-> An inside source has told Me Bryan Murray of the Ottawa Senators is pushing hard for a defenseman to add to his squad. Some teams I was told he was looking at were Nashville as mentioned before and Florida. Reportedly he's made a bid for Jordan Leopold of the Cats and has inquired about both Dan Hamhuis and Francois Boullion. I see all 3 players as good options as long as their able to dump some cap IE Jarkko Ruutu and or Chris Campoli to make way.

More on my dinner break around 4.

3 comments:

Tom said...

Leopold is a bit of a gamble with his injuries and inconsistency, but he has the ability to be a solid puck mover so I would take the chance. Ship out Brian Lee. I will take a hit out on Murray if he gives up anything for Bouillon though, but I know hes too smart.

Scoopz, the Olympics come about twice a decade. The best is yet to come, so lets see more post game comments, and also some predictions. That Czech/Slovakia game last night was the best yet, and Id like to hear some thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't put anything down for Bouillon either. Depth is the key here, Murray needs another D-man in case someone gets injured or Lee disappoints again. A Matt Carkner type player who can punish would be ideal. I'm not a big fan of Leopold either, I think his best days were during his first stint in Calgary long ago...

Canada-Swiss game tonight... I don't predict it being close. The Canadians are too afraid of letting the Swiss upset again to actually let it happen. Sid looks phenomenal too, by the way. Look for a 6-1 Canada win with Crosby getting a goal and an assist and Iginla keeping up his production on a line with Nash and Sid.

Hope to see good things from Roman Wick... Sens pick who I thought was kind of lost in oblivion. Great opportunity to prove everyone wrong tonight!

Agreed about the Czech/Slovak game, great hockey. I almost wish they all wore the same jersey and competed as Czechoslovakia again... Weird how there aren't any new Czechs coming into the league anymore eh? Saw a funny interview where Jagr chalked it up to TV and video games... lol Ok there.

Scoopz said...

sounds like Bouillon fits the description of what Ottawa wants? A 7th d to step in incase of injury and be able to punish like Matt Carkner. However I don't think Ottawa will get Bouillon as nashvile are still in the playoff picture and will be adding not subtracting. Leopold is certainly an interesting one though.

As for the Olympics, I'm doing a run down of all the games I've seen throughout the Games. I don't feel it's fair for me to report on any games I've missed however but I am taping most so not too many shall be unnoted. I agree with you Tom fully, I did do run down and predictions before the Olympic rosters were named and as they were named but starting next round I'll predict each of the games. Any suggestions for anything Olympic related?