Monday, December 13, 2010

Ice Scoopz: Monday Morning

A slow weekend for rumors and hockey news, continued by a slow Monday morning. I hope everyone had a good weekend as I know I got some much needed R & R. A little update on the future of this site as changes are set to finally start taking place after the new year. It's been a slow progress so far due scheduling conflicts between me and my webmaster but we're on a role and you should expect exciting things come this January. I still want your input on what you guys want to see for this site. Send me an e-mail ice_scoopz@bell.blackberry.net or post a follow up comment. I want to make this your one stopo for everything hockey, also if anyones looking to take out ad space you may contact me as well. Thanks everyone for sticking with us, it's only going to get better!

*-> The Marco Sturm deal has finally gone through pending Sturms physical. The Los Angeles organization has said it's all depending on Marco Sturms knees at this point but they don't feel theres an issue. The return has now been lowered from a 5th round draft pick however to future considerations. The Bruins have maintained this was a cap clearing transaction and cap space and being cap compliant is return enough. I don't like this one for the Bruins, they literally got nothing in return for a player who if they held a little longer they could have gotten a return for. However they were against the cap but one would think they'd try to get atleast a late pick back.

*-> Darren Archibald of the Niagra Ice Dogs has been signed by the Vancouver Canucks to a 3 year entry level deal. Achibald had recewntly been traded to the Ice Dogs and has suited up for 3 games thus far. Archibald has 69 goals and 70 assists in 151 OHL games.

More around noon

3 comments:

DWYZ said...

one stop shop eh...

I use www.nhlnumbers.com and hockeydb.com a lot for my deep keeper hockey pools...would be good to have a link.

Scoopz said...

That I can do right away, thanks DWYZ.

Dwyz said...

you should also get on twitter!!