Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ice Scoopz: Wednesday Mornings

A few quick ones to start the morning off.
*-> CA reports that Pierre McQuire has leaked that Matt Damon has signed on to play Theo Fleury in a Hollywood version of Playing With Fire. Kind of weak casting in my opinion especially since that means BFF Ben Affleck won't be far behind playing probably Sheldon Kennedy in the movie with Gary Busey as Graham James. Its an awesome idea for a movie but I'm not a big fan of Matt Damon playing one of my childhood heros. I don't even believe he can skate. One of my collegues suggested a better choice would be Chris Jericho as he plays hockey, and he is a better hight. I'd your guna go with a guy whose bigger and can't skate why not Joquin Phoenix or Mark Wahlberg? My personal choice would be Charlie Sheen whose good buddies with Fleury. What do you guys think?

*-> The Anaheim Ducks are in contract talks with goaltender Jonas Hillier this week. They expect to have a deal worked out as both sides have the same idea. The only issue is he wants to be number one and nothing else which means JS Giguere is most likely getting the boot by next season. Many are predicting a trade deadline deal but I think they'll wait till the draft or the summmer when teams have cap space and there is less goalies avaliable. Rumors have Burke and the Leafs still in the lead for him and the Kings/ Dallas shortly behind. If a deal doesn't go down expect a buyout.

No comments: