Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ice Scoopz: Thursday Morning

*-> I've seen reported on several sites that the Edmonton Oilers and the Montreal Canadians are talking deal. While most are saying it involves Gilbert Brule for Halak, I don't believe that's the case. Edmonton has stated they will go with their young tandem of goalies rather than acquire one in a trade since Nikolai Khabibulin is out for season now. They may be planning for next year however but Brule doesn't fit into the Habs plans in my mind. The other deal I have heard that's on the table for the Habs and Oil is the Kostitsyn youngin Sergei for Defenseman prospect Jeff Petry. This is another longshot as I think the Kostitsyns go together not just one. Plus that's not a great deal for Edmonton. Ill keep an eye out for this one.

*-> The Ottawa Senators have fired goaltending coach Eli Wilson yesterday after the Sens goalie struggles continue. This was a longtime coming in my opinion as Eli was brought in for Ray Emery. On a side note he's renting Emerys Kanata home currently.

*-> The Detroit Red Wings are starting to look for some help. It was reported earlier they weren't interested but now could use some help getting over that hump. The Wings have interest in Marek Svatos and Petr Sykora its reported but both teams would be reluctant to shop players to a rival such as Detroit.

More soon

2 comments:

Jalen said...

Scoopz,

I suspect the Habs/Oil deal involving Sergei Kostitsyn was contrived by a few people that remember Sergei playing well with Gagner in London. Like you, I doubt it's real.

Eli had to go, funny how the local media have made a living ripping the Sens' goaltending, but Eli somehow avoided their wrath through three head coaching changes. They've even now come to his defense describing him as a scapegoat. I don't know him, but I've seen little to nothing since Emery's early development (and even he was goalie of the year in the O) that leads me to believe this wasn't necessary. I'm anxious to see who they bring in. The suggestions of Lehner's father, Lundqvist's former coach are intriguing.

Keep up the good work.

- Jalen

Scoopz said...

We'll find out later this week who Eli's replacement would be according to Bryan Murray. Your guess is as good as mine.