Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ice Scoopz: Thursday Morning

Lots of flurry around Jarome Iginla this morning as I continue to look into the rumors from yesterday. As I said yesterday I'm still not sold their shopping so take these as you will. I just wanted to clarify a few things I've noticed on other blogs, forums and emails I've received. Hopefully this answers some of your question in regards to where or how accurate my rumors are. I know there are some bloggers who have rating systems and say they back up most of their rumors because they come from "good" sources, this site does not have a rating system or guarantees any rumors as being true. Hence why they are called rumors. While I do have sources I always keep in mind that they are rumors even if they come true. I try my hardest to dig and sort through the rumors and look for any truth and validity in them before I post them so I can give my educated take on the matter. I do post most rumors that I see come up from multiple places and if its only a single source rumor its usually not worth noting but something from multiple sources then I will look deeper at it. As I said I do have sources but realize sometimes they will feed me a line or two that are false to keep me on my toes. Many people have asked me in the past few days why I don't guarantee all my content posted. My answer is simple, I take pride in my sites accuracy so unless I'm 100% sure its going to go through I won't say its a done deal but I will post most rumors stupid or true and give me feedback as it creates intelligent debates for the sites fans and posters. Don't shoot the messenger as they well unless I guarantee a for sure thing then shoot away! Anyways I hope that clarifies that for everyone asking or sending me angry emails claiming a trade rumor hasn't come true.

I just want to take this time as well to thank all of our troops overseas all of our veterans for what they have done and sacrificed for everyone here and all over the world. A minute of silence isn't enough to express our gratitude for everything we have .

On to the rumors,

*-> The Los Angeles Kings rumor involving Jarome Iginla is reportedly revolving around the Calgary Flames wanting Dustin Brown and a high level Russian prospect. The Flames are interested in a younger more vocal player to be able to ease into the loss of their longtime captain while the Kings would like add some offensive punch and replace their captain with the more offensive Iggy. Another don't see happening deal in my opinion, why would the Kings part with their less expensive younger model of Iginla?

*-> The second Iginla rumor that's swimming around this morning is a shake up trade with the Buffalo Sabres. The Sabres would send the slumping Vanek to Calgary for Jarome. The Flames looking for extra offense punch and the Sabres trying to add some heart into their floundering squad. I can't see them trading Iggy as I said. I also believe that the Flames need someone who will start a fire under the guys in that dressing room and the rest will come. Too many underachieving one dimensional players on that squad.

No comments: