Friday, October 1, 2010

Ice Scoopz: Friday Afternoon

*-> Pesky winger Darcy Tucker has called it quits today. The former Toronto Maple Leafs and Colorado Avalanche agitator told the media today he's hanging it up and will persue a career in broadcasting. Tucker said there was mild interest in him this season but has decided against a possible return.

*-> The Anaheim Ducks have place Brett Feasterling and Danny Syvret on waivers this morning.

*-> Andreas Lilja appears to be close to a deal with the San Jose Sharks. Lilja has told the Swedish media he will be heading to Stockholm with the Sharks and is currently negotiating a deal. He's performed well but I expect he'll have to take a 1 year and a pay cut I assume.

*-> The Sheldon Souray watch continues. I've heard that the Columbus Blue Jackets may have put a claim in. Some sources are reporting the New York Rangers now that Wade Redden is gone but I think thats mer speculation since Redden was just waived. I'm sure Sather doesn't want another disgruntled un movable defenseman. On the other hand the Rangers have a pretty green back end and could use some support incase one of the rookies falter. The Islanders have also been rumored since they too need defensive help with Streit now out. Count out the Kings I'm hearing as well.I

No comments: