Friday, July 10, 2009

Ice Scoopz: Friday Afternoon

I'm enjoying a nice relaxing weekend but still you should expect the regular updates. I'm disappointed that I'm going to be missing UFC 100 so any updates would be appreciated!

*-> So I recently heard an interesting rumor that sheds a bit more light on the Heatley situation. The rumor I heard was that Heatley slept with Jason Spezza,s fiance. I also heard it that Heatley cheated on his girlfriend and wants to put this city behind him which makes a lot more sense. I don't see any bitterness from the Spezza camp so I think its just strictly gossip. What do you guys think?

*-> Montreal added another signing this afternoon to add more size and grit to the club. Travis Moen signed for an undisclosed amount for 3 years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I missed the Moen signing. Saw that Habs signed Mara, and the Leafs signed Rickard Wallin from the SEL...

What do you think about the whole Hudler mess?

Scoopz said...

The whole mess with Hudler is complicated. On 1 hand there's no agreement between the NHL and the KHL so Hudlers fair game but on the other hand he filed for arbitration so he showed intention to stay with the Wings. It sucks for the Wings but till there's an agreement everyones in play. Hudler should be able to be lured back though by threatening to take away his IIHF eligibility and his chance to play in the Olympics. Unless he doesn't care about honor and pride for your country he should be back. He's an important part of the Red Wings so they'll make a huge push.

Moen should help the Habs get tougher so I like the signing.

The Rickard signing was also a good signing for the Leafs. The Leafs need an experienced two way player like him.