Wednesday, January 5, 2011

World Juniors: Gold Medal Game After 3

Well I never thought I'd be posting Russia 5 Canada 3 all after one period of play. The dejection here looks like outside a Toronto Maple Leaf game, well their used to losing. No just joking, a tough loss. I myself thought it was in the bag after 2 and was ready to post but a pesky Russian squad out worked a "lunch pail" team Canada. The Russians played dead for 2 periods then decided to turn it on for the 3rd game in a row and won the gold. Maybe it was the Terasenko hit that sparked the entire bench? I over heard a Canadian fan telling his buddy that it was the hockey gods as several Canadians were burning American flags after defeating the States 2 days ago and the treatment of the host country fans all tournament long. Personally I think their holding back and then giving everything in the 3rd shocked Canada and took them by surprise. They played extremely well in the 3rd and stunned the Canadians who just sat back and watched the play. Goaltending once again was a factor and Canada didn't have it during the clutch. Canada play well as well for the most part but in the end the Russians played better when it was needed. I know myself as a Canadian was upset and shocked but deep down knew it was "good for hockey" as a whole as a close friend put it. Congrats to Russia, Canada, and the US another great story and great tournamen
t.

2 comments:

DWYZ said...

Scoopz, i was a the game too, behind us we had 4 sabre season ticket holders that left after the 2nd, because they wanted to beat traffic! LOL

Scoopz said...

I can believe that, I was shocked to see barely any American fans watching but even more surprised not to see any American fans watching the bronze medal game at the bar ether. My buddy talked to a Sabres fan at a near the arena and he told him that majority of the fans who attend the Sabres games are Canadians from towns near the border. It makes sense I saw several Canadian jerseys wearing Sabres headwear as well.