Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ice Scoopz: Sunday Afternoon

*-> My Sens source has told me Ottawa has something on the go today. A deal that could help the team but that's all he'll say other than it may take a bit for anything to be finalized meaning it could be today, tomorrow or later this week. He also wouldn't tell me how big the deal could be. It could just be a minor tweak or a shuffle. I'm trying to dig deeper and get more but I'm doubtful he'll disclose more as from what I get even the staff members are stressed out and upset by the Sens drastic fall from grace.

*-> More on the Sens situation, I'm also hearing Eugene Melnyk is still sticking by Bryan Murray and Cory Clouston as the two won't be a part of the organization this summer and Melnyk does not want to bring on more bad press with the firing of yet another coach when at seasons end Clouston is up ether way. He wouldn't comment on ethers status yesterday but it seams he wants it as quiet as possible. Murray may just quietly hands the reigns over to his nephew Tim Murray and advise quietly. I'm not too sure how this all will play out as each day goes by and Murray has yet to make a move and Clouston has yet to reel in his team. It seams like a firing is necessary. Especially since I'm sure the franchise would like to have their GM for next season in place to make the major changes going forward especially before the trade deadline.

*-> I'm being told Florida Panther Mark Cullen has cleared waivers and been assigned to Rochester of the AHL. Not 100% yet however.

*-> Peter Forsberg is expected to begin contract negotiations this week with the Colorado Avalanche if all goes as planned. The Aves are reportedly willing to take him even at 50% as they want and need his leadership and inspiration for their young team. Many sources are also saying Forsberg would like to keep training for atleast 30 days before making a decesion.

*-> Word out of Detroit is they are willing to make a small deal at this point to bring in Evgeni Nabokov finally. It's being said a late pick or a minor roster played could be shipped the Islanders way if their willing. I'm still hearing Garth Snow thinks he can talk "Nabby" into staying, some are even saying by threatening to suspend him for the rest of the season and appeal to the league as the Senators did with Alexei Yashin frcing him to "owe" them a season. I think it's doubtful in my mind but hey anythings possible!

No comments: