Monday, January 19, 2009

Ice Scoopz: Sunday Night

So I'm pretty sure I'm going to be offering a trade deadline day e-mail and texting service this year every time a trade happens. Let me know what you guys think. Not many rumors tonight I'll have more tomorrow plus I'll get my World Junior reports going again so I can have the hopefully finished by the end of the week. I know I've been delaying but this week I'll getter done for sure.

*Bryan Murray the GM of the Ottawa Senator's has officially gone on the record to say he will not trade Jason Spezza because he is an important piece of the Sens organization. He claims as long as he's the GM he will not trade him despite the media gunning for a trade. He is their franchise player and he will not listen to any offers for him.

I personally find this interesting because Spezza has been in every rumor as of recent in the Ottawa papers. If I was Murray I would trade him just because he has a ton of value and recently has lost all support of the fans for his selfish and gamely giveaway. It's the fans that sell tickets so why not listen to them for once? Bryan Murray I believe will be out of a job this summer and so far he has done nothing to redeem himself or even try and better the franchise for the future.

No comments: