Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ice Scoopz: Wednesday Morning

A quiet day so far on the rumor front, well a quiet week so far actually. I'm not hearing too much but just teams kicking tires as every team still feels they have a shot to make the playoffs with their current rosters and deals are more cautious than usual.

I've been working on the forum situation, and I should have that up and running this week. For those using the old site I'll keep it going for another little while most likely till after December. C.A should have another edition of Crease Crashing in the up coming weeks and I have an article on the way next week as well as this Thursday I'll have a full review of Georges Laraques book. If there's anything you'd like to see on Ice Scoopz feel free to let us know, this is your site too. Just contact me at msharina@icescoopz.ca.

Finally for the last contest winner DWYZ please re-submit your information as I've yet to receive it. I still have your gift card ready to go which leads me into the next contest which will help debut our new forum next week so stay tuned.

*-> Stuart Percy of the St. Michael's Majors was signed to a 3 year deal by the Toronto Maple Leaf's yesterday./

*-> Not hearing too much on the Kyle Turris front although I got a chance to talk to my Sens connect and was told the Sens are still interested but he hasn't heard much the last couple of days. He did tell me to watch Brian Lee. I tried to ask about the Filip Kuba to Edmonton rumors and the only response I recieved was a chuckle.

*-> As for the other teams I'm hearing the Leaf's arn't looking at Turris heavily anymore as they are looking to trade Cody Franson pretty badly at this point. There has been talks of Florida trading Scott Clemmenson to the Leafs for Franson but I'm also hearing the possibility of Jose Theodore. I've also heard that before Evgeni Nabokov got hurt that they were interested but James Riemer is making unexpected progress. The Leafs are showcasing Jonas Gustafsson and once again are attempting to deal the Monster.

*-> Finally I'm hearing that Turris has been told he'll be moved as part of the signing deal, both parties will get what they wanted. Phoenix wont settle for just anything and are holding teams to high price. I'm also hearing the Yotes wont even look to teams in the West....so far.

More around lunch.

http://www.icescoopz.ca

No comments: