Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ice Scoopz: Tuesday Evening

*-> The Kyle Turris watch is on. I was contacted by a source telling me that the Ottawa Senators have been in contact with the Phoenix Coyotes in regards to Turris. My source informed me although GM Don Maloney is denying shopping the holding out Turris the Yotes are listening for offers. Apparently they have been in talks with at least 4 teams Calgary I'm hearing is the second Canadian team. The Coyotes brass are still denying any movement of Turris and still claim their ok with him sitting out but those appear to be scare tactics. My source tells me that Phoenix is asking an arm and a leg however. The asking price is rumored to be a 1st round pick, or a combo of both a defensive and forward prospects according to my source.

*-> The New York Rangers are in talks with a free agent defenseman, it looks like Marc Staal could be out even longer than believed. Some are saying Bryan McCabe but I highly doubt McCabe is in the mix.

*-> I'm hearing rumblings of a possible Marty Turco signing. Turco is in shape and ready to settle for the minimum salary along with a strictly back up role. Recently several pundits have linked him to Columbus while I'm hearing Toronto. *-> Ville Nieminen has signed a deal this morning in the KHL with Dynamo Riga.

No comments: