Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ice Scoopz: Whats Next?

Hello everyone, I'm back after taking a much needed and short break. Believe it or not but reporting rumors and breaking trades takes a lot out of you especially leading up to the deadline. I know my girlfriend, job and family can all vouch after many missed functions with all of them and everything being put on the back burners for the month of February. After a week off the next phase begins on Ice Scoopz and the focus turns to the 2nd round of the KHL Playoff's and the 2011 NHL Entry draft.

I'll be reviewing the KHL season later this week, followed by KHL news and weekly results from the 2nd Round of the Gargarin Cup and the rest of the playoffs. I'll end the KHL season with an article I've been working on the past few months about the KHL and Russian Hockey and it's effect on the NHL and North America.

On a side note I re watched the World Junior Gold Medal game this morning while scouting several 2011 eligible Russian players and I was still in awe and shock about the comeback that will haunt myself and many Canadians for years. I had yet to watch the replay since attending the game live in Buffalo and it had the same dejecting effect it did in Buffalo. It's hard to believe that months later it still brings shivers and great disbelief as watching the dejected and broken down Canadian players lay on the ice after the final buzzer had gone, watching the Russian players celebrate and left to sit and think what exactly went wrong.

That all being said getting back on topic I've been heavily scouting this years entry draft and have logged many many hours watching the OHL, WHL, and the QMJHL the past few months and am preparing scouting reports for many of the predicted first rounders this Entry draft. I'll continue to scout and present some of my reports on the big names this draft as well as my 1st Round Projections as the draft nears. Once the new site is done, I'll have all my reports logged and viewable for all the Ice Scoopz followers.

Finally I'm hoping as previously mentioned a few weeks ago to have the new site up and running by the Entry Draft and fully functional by July 1st where the focus will once again shift and turn to the rumors and free agency once again. Lots of exciting new things on the new site and this year has been a big year already for Ice Scoopz as we've managed to grow quite a bit and have managed to take the site to new levels once again. It's only going to get better and your suggestions and comments are much appreciated. I want to say thank you to all of my followers and regular contributors (CA, Jalen, Tom, Mackler and the rest)and also all of my new followers who have yet to contribute. Feel free to post on the forums or on any one of my posts, let us hear what you have to say. Thanks again for helping this site grow to be one of the best rumor source sites out there and keep on tuning in as it's going to be even better!

5 comments:

DWYZ said...

good job scoopz, i enjoy reading your posts! Any chance you could get a blackberry app created? That would be cool to have! Cheers! I'm looking forward to reading your draft predicitions and July 1st FA signing predictions!

Jalen said...

Keep up the good work, Scoopz.

- Jalen

Anonymous said...

You have a girlfriend?


-CA

Jalen said...

CA,

I thought Scoopz was talking about you...

- Jalen

Meghan Moran said...

nice post, can't wait to see what's next