Thursday, September 18, 2008

September 18th News Hits Part 2

-> The Phillidelphia Flyers have signed free agent goalie Jean-Sabastien Aubin to a one year deal. J.S Aubin split the season in L.A and the AHL.

-> Jason Pominville signed a 5 year extenstion with the Buffalo Sabres. Terms were not announced.

-> Earlier I was wrong when I stated that Mathieu Schnieder would be sent to the AHL apparently they will keep him on the roster till a deal is in place.

-> Vincent Lecavalier was named the Tampa Bay Lightnings new captian this season.

-> Mike Richards has been named Phillys new captain as well.

Rumours On The Wire

-> Nikolai Khabibulin is reported being shopped secretly by the Chicago Blackhawks. The two rumoured interested teams are the Ottawa Senators and the L.A Kings. I've heard this one before and it's the same two teams coming up. I also heard Ottawa tried to make a deadline deal last season with Chicago for Khabibulin and Lapointe. I don't really see this happening because of the cap situation but maybe if Ottawa unloads a hefty contract (Chris Kelly and Martin Gerber) it could get done. I see L.A as a better option because they need the cap hit bad. Also the fact that they still don't have a number one goalie yet.

-> Now that Justin Williams is out for most of the season Carolina is looking to Fill that void. Mark Parrish could be a possibility to replace him. I believe Mark Parrish is the best option out there for the Canes. The other name I hear whispered is Jeff O'Neil who is on a try-out basis with the club. If it was up to me I'd say stick with Parrish.

No comments: