Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ice Scoopz: Tuesday Morning

A brief flurry of activity yesterday afternoon and this morning as the off season begins to slow to a crawl.

*-> Yesterday afternoon Jassen Cullimore formerly of the Chicago Blackhawks signed a deal with the DEL club the Iserlohn Roosters.

*-> Bridgeport Sound tough guy Jeremy Yablonski has been recruited by Alexei Zhamnov's gritty KHL squad Vityaz Chekhov to a one year deal.

*-> Jon Mirasty of the Syracuse Crunch has also signed a 1 year deal with Vityaz Chekhov.

*-> KHL veteran Maxim Sushinsky is close to signing a deal with OHk Dynamo Moscow it's rumored while fellow former SKA St. Petersburg teamate Alexei Yashin is still pondering his offer from Long Island it's said. Rumors now have the enigmatic Russian looking around the league for more interest.

*-> Kris Draper of the Detroit Red Wings is expected to announce his retirement this morning at a Red wing press conference.

*-> Byron Bitz has signed a deal with the Vancouver Canucks leaving behind him the Florida Panthers.

*-> Russian prospect Ivan Telegin of the Barrie Colts has signed a 3 year Entry Level deal with the Winnipeg Jets.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Hey Scoopz, any thoughts on the new Jets jerseys? Hamhanded with the patriotism I say, kinda reminds me of the conservative partys logo.

Scoopz said...

I was hoping to avoid the topic as I've received much hate directed my way for my opinion but since you asked.. I'm not a fan of the new logo. While I do appreciate what their trying to do with it, I would have liked to have seen the old logo at least incorporated in to the design or a 2011 remake of classic. I don't so much see the Conservative references but many people feel the same way. They just remind me of a more pushy Windsor Spitfires logo.