Thursday, April 28, 2011

Back From Vacation Finally!

Hello everyone I'm back after a short vacation in sunny Florida. I spent the last little period on the beaches of Miami getting some much needed R&R after a pretty frantic past month recovering from a chaotic work schedule and also several family crisis's. When the opportunity came up to goto Miami Beach for a vacation you can understand why I jumped at the chance. It was a short but great holiday saw the sites and just relaxed. I promised my girlfriend I'd leave the Blackberry, Laptop and hockey phone calls at home but I figured I'd at least get to watch the highlights and catch some games secretly at some bars. Funny enough I was wrong. I was pretty shocked to find out that there was absolutely nothing there. Even ESPN sports didn't cover highlights unless it was the Rangers and Washington series. Even at the Sports bars hockey was clearly in last place as almost every sport was on TV except hockey. There was one breakfast place I managed to find that showed highlights so I found myself eating there in the morning and or sneaking updates and scores via Blackberry (Which is going to be an expensive roaming bill). Before I left I talked to one of my good friends who happened to have lived all around Florida and he told me good luck with hockey even in places like St. Petersburg. I thought he was just pulling my leg as he claimed that tickets are pretty much given away as gas stations and in other promotions. I was pretty shocked to see while it was only Miami it was clear hockey had no place there and didn't fit in other than the few Habs fans who made comments on me rocking a Canadiens shirt. It left me to wonder how the league has expanded to Florida twice and how stable these teams really are? Anyways I just thought I'd share my experience and announce my return as updates will be coming fast and furious now that I'm well rested and the daily schedule is back in place. At least 2 updates daily from here on out plus all the major news and signings. I'll add also A KHL End Of Season report Tuesday evening as well as some Junior End Of Season Rumors late this week.

Thanks for the tuning in guys and making this site your number one stop for hockey rumors and reports!

No comments: